Therapy is a very personal endeavor and the quality of the relationship with a therapist is an important element in doing effective work. When doing body-mind psychotherapy, the quality of the working relationship becomes especially important. I’ve been in practice for over twenty years and have committed much more than that to learning in the arenas in which I practice (awareness practices, body-mind-energy work, dealing with crises and trauma, addressing early life and other unconscious blocks to living freely and happily). I’ve done therapy work with many people who themselves are therapists.
- Fees – My fee for assessment and therapy is $150 per 50-minute session. I do have a limited number of sliding scale appointments available for clients who have need. For time spent writing evaluations, I charge at the same assessment/therapy rate, prorated for the amount of time spent writing.
- Appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours notice are charged at the full rate.
- Payment Options – Fees are due at the time of service. Checks, credit cards, health savings accounts, and cash are accepted. Many insurance policies have some coverage for mental health services.
- My office can file for some health insurance policies for you. For those who want to use their insurance to pay for a portion of their therapy costs, please consult with me on the phone before our first session, so we can determine what your coverage might be. Note that I am a Medicare provider.
- If my office is unable to file for your particular health insurance, I am happy to provide you with a receipt with the necessary information for you to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.