There are two new training classes scheduled for January and February 2017! On January 21st, 2017, there is a “Grounded, Centered, Present” Bioenergetic Workshop in Gainesville, FL, and starting February 9th, 2017, there will also be a four-week “Bioenenergetics: Vital Awareness” class in Gainesville, FL. Check out the Events page to learn more!
You know there’s something deeper in life, that something more is possible for you. You may have explored some body-mind, mindfulness, or other awareness practices – or worked with holistic approaches to healing and growth.
And right now – too – you’re feeling depressed, stuck, overwhelmed, worried, or confused and you’ve been thinking about counseling to address some difficulties in your life. But you want to see a psychotherapist who can understand your interests and your belief that body, mind and essence are all related.
- Feel you’ve lost track of who you really are?
- Sense that you’re stuck in doing?
- Spend too much time “in your head?”
- Struggle with feeling empowered to move on things you really want?
- Feel down, worried, or overwhelmed and don’t know how to make things different?
If you’ve been working on yourself, or have interests in body-mind or awareness disciplines, psychotherapy is a good additional practice when you need a different kind of approach to help you through those painful stuck places in your life. Perhaps you’ve tried talk therapy and it doesn’t seem to lead to the change you need.
Body-mind psychotherapy and skills training is a holistic/integrative approach that combines awareness, body, breathing, movement, energy, mind, feeling, and relationship with verbal exploration to help you…
- Rediscover your authentic vital self
- Work through life-long unconscious barriers to living happily and effectively
- Deal with recent or old traumas in your life
- Feel empowered to address difficulties in your life, career, and relationships
On the path to being who we really are, we face concrete concerns related to our careers, our relationships, our sexuality, our gender, our bodies and our physical health. To move forward – in life and therapy – we must address these concerns. We must address our fears, our anger, our grief – as well as our often-buried instincts, needs, hopes and dreams.
I’m a licensed psychologist who provides psychotherapy and training services – and who has experience in body-oriented, bioenergetic, analytic, and integral approaches to development. If you’re feeling unhappy, anxious, down, trapped, or out of touch with yourself, then contact me with any questions you have about how we might work together.
Please look around this site too, so you can learn more about:
- Somatic (body-mind) psychology, transpersonal psychology, psychoanalytic topics, and awareness practices
- Ways to discover grounded and spontaneous energy, joy, and pleasure in your life
- Integrated approaches to embodying your true self, and to living authentically
- My orientation to body-mind psychotherapy, training, and speaking
Learn more about body-mind (somatic) psychology, awareness practices, transpersonal psychology, and bioenergetic analysis.
Psychotherapy is a partnership, with the work tailored to the needs of the individual. Learn more about body-mind, bioenergetic, and transpersonal psychotherapy.
News & Articles
View news, updates, and search articles written by Dr. Martin to help you learn more about body-mind psychology, bioenergetics, and many other topics.
If you have questions or want to schedule an appointment for integrated body-mind therapy to help you move forward in your life, connect with Dr. Martin here.