Health – Making whole;
the condition of being sound in body, mind, spirit
You know that body, mind, and essence are not separate. You know there is something deeper in life – and you see yourself as someone who’s been on a journey to learn more about yourself and the mysteries of life. You may have explored some kind of body-mind, awareness, or energetic practices – or worked with holistic approaches to healing and growth, such as yoga, tai chi, or chi gung. Perhaps you follow a meditative practice, or you engage in other psychospiritual disciplines, whether traditional or nontraditional.
And also, right now, there are troublesome things happening in your life and you’ve been thinking about counseling or psychotherapy to address those difficulties. But you’d like to see a psychotherapist who can honor your world view and understand your interests in body-mind, awareness, and/or energy practices.
On the journey to discovering, embodying and expressing who we really are we hit stuck places – in our relationships, in our work, or in our sense of ourselves – that lead to feelings of distress, depression, anxiety and confusion. Perhaps…
- You struggle with not valuing yourself, or you want to feel more empowered to move on things you want and to make changes you know you need to make in your life.
- You have a sense that you’ve lost track of who you really are. Or you feel trapped in doing.
- You spend too much time high “in your head” either overanalyzing or avoiding action you know you need to take.
- You struggle to find your place in the world or to feel stable in yourself as you negotiate some difficulties in your relationships.
- You have trouble accepting who you are... whether it’s your aspirations, your sexuality, or some other part of you.
For those on a path to learning and growth, or those who have an interest in body-mind, energetic or consciousness disciplines, psychotherapy is a good additional practice when you know you need a different kind of approach to help you address those stuck places in your life – those painful troublesome points when what you’ve been doing doesn’t help you make the changes you need to make.
I am a licensed psychologist and psychotherapist in private practice where I provide psychotherapy and training services. I have significant experience in psychospiritual and somatic approaches to psychotherapy, and in counseling gender clients. Since everything is connected to everything else – in life and in therapy – we face not only how we orient our consciousness, but we need at times to deal with the specifics of our careers, our relationships, our finances, our gender and sexuality, our spiritual practices, our bodies and our physical health. It’s all part of the great work of progressively awakening to our selves and our true nature, to our potential, and to our capacities for relating to others.
Body-mind psychotherapy and skills training is a holistic/integrative approach that combines awareness, body, breathing, movement, energy, mind, feeling, and relationship in an approach that can help you
- Rediscover your authentic vital self
- Uncover and work through unconscious barriers to living happily and effectively
- Feel empowered to address difficulties in your life, career, and relationships
If you are struggling with feeling unhappy, anxious, trapped, out of touch with yourself, too involved in doing (or not taking action in directions you know you need to) AND you want a psychotherapist who will honor your own interests/path in body-mind-energy-awareness practices – then read through my site to learn more about:
- Topics in psychology, the transpersonal, somatic psychotherapy, and gender issues
- My approaches to psychotherapy and training